Saturday, December 06, 2008

"It doesn't look home made!"


1202081352.jpg
Originally uploaded by gnaed1
What is this world coming to? I spent a week of my free time on this only to discover that it looks like it came from a store and that that is apparently a good thing. You'll remember that I'm trying desperately to hold on to my Pollyanna World View even as it slips away.

I know, I really do, that appearances are very important to teens and that if she is happy and her friends complimented the creation, I should be on top of the world. I do realize how much of an accomplishment that is.

It did inspire me to create more scarves of cashmere and silk for the inlaws and nieces. That's bravery beyond the recognition of anyone who doesn't know them, so you'll have to take my word for it.

I'm quite proud of myself. I figured out how to send pictures directly from my phone to Flickr and from Flickr to Ravelry and to here. I'll have to set this up for the library's blog. Fun Fun....

Now off to knit more. I'm quite pleased with my Elf gift. She'll never suspect a thing. Well, until she sees the postmark, but then she'll go "Oh no, not something home made!" Then she'll squeal. Especially if she opens it after she opens it. This is a hint.

No comments: